Version of IDF created by Honey-Bee legacy

Hi everyone,
I am generating numbers of .Idf file using Honeybee legacy, however I am running energy plus independent to honeybee. The problem I am coming across is the .idf created by honey has
Version, =9.3.0;
But when I try to run in independently on energy plus I get a warning that there is an extra “=” in the version, as shown in the image below.ep
I am trying to do some parametric analysis using Eppy function in python, and eppy function apparently is giving me an error that it doesn’t support the version.
Is there a way How I can edit it? I want my version to be written as
Version, 9.3.0;
instead of
Version, =9.3.0;

Any kind of help would be appreciated,
Thanks

@bhumika ,

Are you using the OpenStudio component to export the IDF? There shouldn’t be any chance of getting an error like this if you are using the OpenStudio component. Also see this:

How to get Honeybee Legacy working with OpenStudio 3.0

Hi @chris
No, I am actually using run_energy plus component to get the .idf files Capture

My best suggestion is to use the OpenStudio component instead. There are already several features that aren’t available in that direct-to-E+ component compared to the OpenStudio component. But the OpenStudio component does everything that the direct-to-idf component does.

Oh, Ok I saw that we can use open studio component to just write the idf as well. Thanks chris :slight_smile:
Also, I realised that, the .idf file created doesn’t take the same name as the .osm file, it gets saved as in.idf, is there a way I could I edit that so that the idf file also gets the same name as .osm file?

@bhumika ,
That’s unfortunately a convention of EnergyPlus that it expects the IDF to be named in.idf before it goes to simulation. You’d see that the direct-to-idf component does something similar, though the file gets copied before it gets renamed. I would recommend doing something similar if you want to auto-rename a bunch of IDFs (eg. writing a component with a couple of lines of python to copy and rename a file). Here’s some code that you can paste into a GHPython component to do it (using the x input for IDF file path and y for new name):

import os
a = os.rename(x, os.path.join(os.path.dirname(x), '{}.idf'.format(y)))