Versioner 1.5.0 to 1.5.44 gives an error

Hi All,

I was recently doing a fresh installation of ladybug tools.
I was able to install 1.5.0 using the installer from Food4Rhino without any issues.

When I update it to 1.5.44 using the versioner, i get this issue.

Downloading "lbt-grasshopper"  github repository to: C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\temp
Installing Ladybug Tools core Python libraries.
Installing "lbt-dragonfly==0.9.297" version via pip
Ladybug Tools core Python libraries successfully installed!

Installing Ladybug Tools Recipes.
Installing "lbt-recipes==0.23.0" version via pip
Ladybug Tools Recipes successfully installed!

Installing ladybug-rhino Python library.
Installing "ladybug-rhino==1.37.2" version via pip
Package "ladybug-rhino==1.37.2" may not have been updated correctly
or its usage in the plugin may have changed. See pip stderr below:
b"ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'c:\\\\users\\\\anuj.mittal\\\\ladybug_tools\\\\python\\\\scripts\\\\ladybug-rhino.exe'\r\nConsider using the `--user` option or check the permissions.\r\n\r\nWARNING: You are using pip version 20.1.1; however, version 23.0.1 is available.\r\nYou should consider upgrading via the 'C:\\Users\\Anuj.Mittal\\ladybug_tools\\python\\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.\r\n"
Installing Ladybug Tools Grasshopper components.
Installing "lbt-grasshopper==1.5.44" version via pip
Ladybug Tools Grasshopper components successfully installed!

.gha files already exist in your Components folder and cannot be deleted while Grasshopper is open.
These .gha files rarely change and so it is not critical that they be updated. However, if you want to be sure that you have the latest version installed, then close Grasshopper, delete the ladybug_grasshopper_dotnet folder at
C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\ladybug_grasshopper_dotnet
and rerun this versioner component to get the new .gha files.

Installing Honeybee-OpenStudio gem version 2.33.3.
Downloading "honeybee-openstudio-gem"  github repository to: C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\resources\measures
Copying "honeybee_openstudio_gem" source code to C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\resources\measures\honeybee_openstudio_gem\lib

Installing Ladybug Tools Measures version 0.2.3.
Downloading "lbt-measures"  github repository to: C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\resources\measures
Copying "lbt_measures" source code to C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\resources\measures

Installing Honeybee energy standards.
Installing "honeybee-energy-standards==2.2.6" version via pip
Honeybee energy standards successfully installed!

Change to Version 1.5.44 Successful!
RESTART RHINO to load the new components + library.
The "LB Sync Grasshopper File" component can be used
to sync Grasshopper definitions with your new installation.

Runtime error (ValueErrorException): Downloading "lbt-grasshopper"  github repository to: C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\temp
Installing Ladybug Tools core Python libraries.
Installing "lbt-dragonfly==0.9.297" version via pip
Ladybug Tools core Python libraries successfully installed!

Installing Ladybug Tools Recipes.
Installing "lbt-recipes==0.23.0" version via pip
Ladybug Tools Recipes successfully installed!

Installing ladybug-rhino Python library.
Installing "ladybug-rhino==1.37.2" version via pip
Package "ladybug-rhino==1.37.2" may not have been updated correctly
or its usage in the plugin may have changed. See pip stderr below:
b"ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'c:\\\\users\\\\anuj.mittal\\\\ladybug_tools\\\\python\\\\scripts\\\\ladybug-rhino.exe'\r\nConsider using the `--user` option or check the permissions.\r\n\r\nWARNING: You are using pip version 20.1.1; however, version 23.0.1 is available.\r\nYou should consider upgrading via the 'C:\\Users\\Anuj.Mittal\\ladybug_tools\\python\\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.\r\n"
Installing Ladybug Tools Grasshopper components.
Installing "lbt-grasshopper==1.5.44" version via pip
Ladybug Tools Grasshopper components successfully installed!

.gha files already exist in your Components folder and cannot be deleted while Grasshopper is open.
These .gha files rarely change and so it is not critical that they be updated. However, if you want to be sure that you have the latest version installed, then close Grasshopper, delete the ladybug_grasshopper_dotnet folder at
C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\ladybug_grasshopper_dotnet
and rerun this versioner component to get the new .gha files.

Installing Honeybee-OpenStudio gem version 2.33.3.
Downloading "honeybee-openstudio-gem"  github repository to: C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\resources\measures
Copying "honeybee_openstudio_gem" source code to C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\resources\measures\honeybee_openstudio_gem\lib

Installing Ladybug Tools Measures version 0.2.3.
Downloading "lbt-measures"  github repository to: C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\resources\measures
Copying "lbt_measures" source code to C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\resources\measures

Installing Honeybee energy standards.
Installing "honeybee-energy-standards==2.2.6" version via pip
Honeybee energy standards successfully installed!

Change to Version 1.5.44 Successful!
RESTART RHINO to load the new components + library.
The "LB Sync Grasshopper File" component can be used
to sync Grasshopper definitions with your new installation.

Traceback:
  line 85, in script

This is a new error which i havent seen till now.
Any advice on this will be appreciated.

Thanks
Anuj

UPDATE

the update to 1.5.44 works if i close rhino and run the following on command prompt manually

C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\ladybug_tools\python\python.exe -m pip install ladybug-rhino==1.37.2

It wasn’t the case earlier and i am wondering if something has changed in the installation process.
Can you please confirm if you can replicate the error and what would be the best way to update using the versioner?

Thanks
Anuj

@chris @mostapha
Apologies for tagging you on this.

Please let me know if this is a persisting issue.
Thanks
Anuj

Hi @anujm1ttal ,

Sorry for the incredibly late response and I’m glad that you figured it out. The issue resulted from a change in Windows permissions. Altogether there are 3 different ways to fix the issue, which I described here:

But the way that you used is the fastest way to fix it.