Very higher value of SDA in honeybee + than honeybee legacy

SDA sent to forum honeybee +.gh (433.5 KB) SDA sent to forum honeybee legacy.gh (206.2 KB) EGY_Cairo.623660_IWEC.rar (203.9 KB)
Hello, I am doing annaul SDA simulation with specific occupany hour & same model & materials … I ran it with two different but nearly similar defintion one with legacy & other with honeybee + …in honeybee + definition you shoud pick a sky for simulation & it is sky matrix for all year from wea component & in legacy just from weather file & I getting around 100% for honeybee + as SDA but in legacy it is around 50 or 60 % … I don’t figure out where is the problem ? & which one is correct ? & why they are different ? thanks in advance
attached : the two defintion & the used weather file

1 Like

@mostapha @chris any help thanks in advance

sDA in legacy is using Daysim and isn’t nearly as accurate at modeling direct solar radiation as HB[+] is. So this might be part of the reason. Another (very likely) reason is that you didn’t match the radiance parameters well between your two versions. As this graphic shows, using high quality radiance parameters make all of the difference:

2 Likes

thanks alot for replying & more thanks for the great tools
but I think if I am working in a right way both have same radiance parameter like attaches jpg. so should I take results from honeybee plus SDA which reaches 100 % in it while in legacy definition is just 46% with daylight factor by honeybee plus of average 1.6 ?