What is the correct Radiance version for Honeybee on Dynamo?

Hello everybody!

I am testing extensively the example files 00_point_in_time_gridbased.dyn (20.2 KB)
honeybee_test_room.rvt (1.4 MB)
attached to LB/HB+ packages for Dynamo.
I run some tests having installed Radiance 5.1.0 and everything went smoothly.
Then I noticed on the sample codes this message:

"This definition is using Honeybee and to run daylight analysis with Honeybee you need to install Radiance. Radiance can be downloaded and installed from this link:
https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases/tag/5.2.0 "

So I removed Radiance 5.1.0, then I installed Radiance 5.2.0 in C:\Radiance folder.
…And I get this error message on Dynamo:

Since Radiance 5.2.0 is a pre-release, I decide to install Radiance 5.2 which is the official (and latest) release, hoping to fix this. Again I get the same error message. What’s wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Alberto

My setup is
Revit 2019
Dynamo Core 1.3.3.4111
Dynamo Revit 1.3.3.4111
Ladybug 0.1.7
Honeybee 0.2.0
Radiance 5.2

Rhino 6.1
Honeybee[+] 0.05

PS.Neverthless on Grasshopper daylighting analysis on Honeybee+ runs smoothly :grinning:.

Mistery solved…just reinstalled the LB/HB plugins on Dynamo and they work!
The problem was due to the fact that using REVO uninstaller for removing Radiance, this tool detects Radiance related files into Dynamo/Honeybee folders and remove them.
So the problem looks like not related to the Radiance version installed.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Hope this may help for future debugging!
Regards
Alberto

1 Like

Hi - just an unrelated sidenote. The current version is 6.13.
Cheers, wim

I noticed your “Generate Test Points from HBZones” had some bugs. And I met same bugs that Honeybee can’t generate hbzone correctly. How you solve it?

We are not actively supporting the Dynamo plugins at this point. Still waiting for the Dynamo team to provide us with the minimum functionalities that we need before continue the development.

Meanwhile use the Grasshopper plugins.

1 Like