What is the Difference between estimate potential glare over the year and run daylight analysis (when it is connect to the glare analysis)

Both of potential glare and run daylight analysis are for the glare so whats is the difference?
I am trying to find all the components in ladybug and honeybee that are related to daylight analysis and I am trying them in my PhD .
so my questions are:

1. what is the difference between them? and if I want to put my working plane in a space at 0.8m where should I connected ( notice that I have put the work plane as a furniture component but I don not know if it is true to put here, and I still do not know whats should I set in ledge component)

2. What could be the other types of study related to the daylight analysis in an interior space
  3. How should I locate my sun path in relation to the north
    Please any help?
    Thank you and best regards

Glare is:

1. view dependent
  2. depends on what one sees (i.e. luminance)
  3. caused because of contrast

Because of that to have an accurate evaluation of glare you need an image which you can then pass through Glare component which uses evalglare for glare calculation.

For the studies that are done using grid-based simulation you won’t have an accurate calculation for items 1 and 2. That’s why we call them potential glare calculation since with too much light at a part of building you will potentially have too much contrast that can cause glare.

This question is too broad. Here is a list but I’m not sure if that is what you are looking for.

There is a north input which can be used to set the north direction. Is that what you are asking?

Dear Mostapha,
Thank you for you reply , but I want to ask you :

1. I need to know and test some analysis related to the luminance, illuminance and the glare. For example I have found this for the annual sun exposure

and I have tried the image based analysis using the glare analysis. as shown in the picture

So could you help me please to find the best type of daylight analysis, Because there are many types but I need to know which one are the more accurate ones for the interior space in a relation to the glare, luminance and illuminance.

2. In the image based analysis for the glare they recommend to put the furniture so I have put a working plane at 0.8m ( actually I have copy the floor and move it 0.8m up) since I did not put furnitures yet so is it correct?
    and there is the “ledge” I do not know what to put in it . the following picture shows what I have do

and I have a context which is in green (in the following picture) how could I set it to the simulation as a context. (just put it as a normal geometry such as the floor)
    Notice that the library is the red space in the picture

Any help please?
Thank you so much for your time
Best Regards
Fatima B

Image-based glare analysis is the more accurate approach for studying glare but based on what you are trying to do it may or may not be the best fit. It can also take very long to calculate. There are several recent PhD thesis on this topic which should be your reference to pick the best methodology instead of Ladybug Tools website. It’s not about what type of glare analysis are available it is about what type of analysis do you need for your case.

You can add them to your study as HB surfaces with appropriate materials.

Dear Mostapha,
First of all thank you for your help and your reply. I have a question
I want to do daylight analysis for an interior space, but I have kinetic shading on the window.(using ladybug and honeybee)
How can I define this shading for the daylight analysis such as glare, Daylight factor or illuminance ?? there is any video to see how to define and do the simulation for the kinetic shading . For example should I define it as a geometry such as the wall or what should I do?

Thank you
Best regards

Fatima.b

For daylight simulations, there’s no such thing as a Wall. They are all shading surfaces. For your analysis, assign the shading geometry as HBsurface and assign the radiance properties. Make sure to also supply these HBsurface to the HBobjects input on the daylight simulation component. Run an image based analysis first to see that everything is being written to Radiance right. Then you should proceed with the rest of the studies.

Thank you for the reply
1)So There is no component for doing daylight simulation for the kinetic shading right? I should each time fix an angle and do the simulation? it could not be done for different angles parametrically without fixing the angle.
I have seen in HB components named : "HONEYBEE ADVANCED DYNAMIC SHADING , what about this component is it helpful?

1. You have told me that I should define it as a HBsurface (so as a normal geometry), so I have tried 2 methodes for define the kinetic louvers as shown in the following fig. method 1 is by using HB surfaces (yellow one), the method 2 is by using Masszones (red one)
    notice that this simulation is for daylight factor just as an example to told me if it is correct or not the simulation for the kietic shading

2. do you have any tutorial related to doing simulation for kinetic shading using ?
    kinetic louvers daylight analysis.gh (92.7 KB)

Thank you
Best regards
Fatima.B

Dear devang,
Kindly if you have time reply to this post
Best regards