When is Daysim "_space"_#.ill file created/missing?

Looking at the name_#.ill files after an annualSimulation… on my machine there is an “name_space_0.ill” file, which looks like a merge of all the other .ill files. I was counting on this so I didn’t have to do the merging myself (for some work I’m doing). However, the same Rhino + Grasshopper file on another machine, seems to not be generating the merged “_space” file.

Why is that?

Is that due to some change that we made, or is that merged file not always created?

ill

Off the top of my head, I’m thinking the 8 .ill files are because we are running it on 8 cores. So there must be a merge at some point, which I assume is the “_space” file.

I wonder why it’s not on the other machine… Could it be named something different? Of did the process fail before merging it to that specific file I wonder…

The merging is done when you use the Daysim readAnualResult.

Thanks, I updated the title and tag.

I’ll look again to try and find out what’s going on there.

Honeybee separated input test points into several files based on the input for number of CPUs, once the analysis is over merges them back into _space_%d for each space. In your case you have only one space and so all the files are merged into a single ill file.