Where do I find the wind speed?

Hi,

I am trying to figure out where it is that I can find output data of the wind speed in the LB wind rose component?
In older versions there were outputs called wind speed, but in the legacy one I have downloaded I can’t seem to find it.

Regards,
F

@Sirpaz

The avg_val output has average wind speed per windrose direction. Other then that the data output has the data collection of wind speeds (but not broken up by direction or frequency).

1 Like

Hi @SaeranVasanthakumar,

I am looking to create vectors by using wind speed and direction, that was apparently a bit different with older components where, those two data, were represented in the component as outputs.

Here I am looking at wind speed in the data collection, and I found predominant directions of winds in the prevailing output, which for some reasons, once I run in the LB deconstruct data components, will return the error: “1. Solution exception:_data must be a Data Collection. Got <type ‘float’>.”

Any advice?

Thanks
F

@Sirpaz ,

Why are you passing the prevailing output through a “Deconstruct Data” component? The prevailing output is just a number for the prevailing wind direction in degrees. You can’t deconstruct a single number any further.

1 Like

@chris, @Sirpaz
cc @AbrahamYezioro

Reading this post, I realize it’s not easy to produce vectors of the data processed from this component. I’m thinking it might be a good idea two additional outputs to the windrose. One is just the angles of each windrose direction, and the second the histogram data structure of the windrose (wind speeds per direction bin in the form of a GH tree).

Like this:

Re: the histogram_data, I originally didn’t include this because I wasn’t sure how to format it in cases when multiple analysis data is added. For now, it’ll just add each new histogram direction as a new tree branch. This also has the nice side-effect of providing a flexible way of computing frequencies and averages per direction.

Let me know if there are any objections.

S

Looks fine by me.
Thanks,
-A.

@SaeranVasanthakumar please apologise my lack of preparation, but I am relatively new to grasshopper and I might have skipped some steps, how can I access your latest update (1.0.1)?

@Sirpaz this update is still going through review. It’s part of a larger set of changes modifying the way the frequency distribution is represented. We’ll post here when it’s done and you can use the Update Ladybug component get it.

Great! I’ll be looking forward to it. Thank you

We’re merging in the edits that @SaeranVasanthakumar made now. You’ll be able to get them on your end, @Sirpaz , once you see this pull request is merged:

Thanks, @SaeranVasanthakumar , for the improvements!

1 Like

Very nice!
Thanks @SaeranVasanthakumar.
Flexible and clear.
-A.