Work with dynamic blinds geometries for a annual daylight sim

Dear @mikkel I need your precoius time and patience for my question.
I know that the topic has been discussed over and over again, but I don´t find a post to find the right answer, based on the current version of LBT.

Thanks the addition on the LBT v.1.7, finally I want to create the work-around for a annual daylight simulation, with dynamic blinds states, based with a predefined hourly schedule, but I can’t get to the goal. Your temporary version with the Light-Path and State python script, is no longer working after the updates.

For this example I have 2 rooms, and only in one I will activated the blinds geometries.

!
I have create a Aperture Group for each Window and give for the Room1 Window Sud a schedules with two states (0= blinds-off, 1= blinds rotate 45°) and for the Windows Room 1: Ost and Room 2: Sud a schedules with only blinds-off hours.

But how you can see in the above image, the sDA results are the same even if dynamic schedules is active.

What am I doing wrong?
LBT1.7.40-sDA_with_TwoBlindsState_forum.gh (299.0 KB)

Questions:

• I noticed that the value out of the sDA component, is not in percentage, is it intentional?
  • Is there a way to read that the AnnualDaylight component has simulated multiple states?
    Are there any Radiance parameters that require particular attention for the annual analysis?

Hi @LaFleur,

This is because your model is not room-based (your model is made orphaned faces, shades and apertures). So when the model is written to a Radiance folder it will fail to connect the aperture groups to the sensor grids.

If you do not want to create a room, there is also the option to set one of the properties (light_path) in the sensor grids manually. This property is calculated automatically for room-based models, and this how the aperture groups are connected to the sensor grids. As you can see below the property is a list of lists.

LBT1.7.40-sDA_with_TwoBlindsState_forum.gh (306.5 KB)

1 Like

Thanks a lot Maestro.

I’m trying to redo a little question.
Is there a way to read in post-process, how many states the component AnnualDaylight has simulated?

Hi @LaFleur,

No. But if you look in the results folder in your directory you should see a sub-folder for each Aperture Group, and in there you there are sub-folders for each state of the Aperture Group.