WWR problem while runnig energy and daylight optimization

Hello, dear forum. I have a problem with WWR in my algorithm. once I run the energy and light simulation, with changing variables one by one it works. but when I run optimization with Wallacei, it errors. I have checked and understand that the error happens because of my WWR algorithm. Is there anyone who knows the problem?

overhang- opt.gh (827.4 KB)

1 Like

With how the script is currently; the 3rd option for ‘window size’ covers the entire wall that is hosting the window; which will cause issues.

Also using LBT 1.xx (the new release) instead of the legacy tools with Wallacei: will make for notably more efficient simulations; the LBT crew did a fantastic job optimizing the full release vs the legacy release.

-tf

Thank you @TrevorFedyna for checking the algorithm. I changed the WWR from 100% to 90% (and 70-50%) before. but the errors remain. When I remove the WWR from the genes of wallacei (optimizer) it works properly. I have the same problem with a few other shadings.
another problem happened when I update my Rhino6 for using wallacei, energy, and daylight simulation don’t run correctly (even the files which run correctly before updating the Rhino 6). I did not reinstall any of my plugins after updating Rhino. Could this be the cause of the problem?
(I have to learn LBT at the proper time cause I know it solves a lot of problems but I have to solve my problems for a university project as soon as possible).
-Sima

I’m making a wallacei orientation/glazing-ratio/shading optimization script for fun; and to share on another platform; I’ll attach it here when I’m done incase it can answer your questions better than I

1 Like

facade optimization.gh (69.4 KB)

1 Like

@TrevorFedyna thank you very much for the algorithm. It was helpful.

-Sima

1 Like