X-axis Ladybug Line Chart

Dear All,

I can’t seem to find how to display the values on the x-axis using a ‘Ladybug’ Line Chart . I am plotting insolation data on a window on a certain day and I would like to have the hours of the day displayed.
I seems like it should be something easy, but I can’t seem to find it.
Edit: here is my file if it can help:
LadybugLineChart_x_axis_Display.gh (42.2 KB)

Thank you for your help!

Upload your file so we can check.
-A.

Dear Abraham,
Thank’s for your comment. I uploaded the file. It is a very simple file.
Best,
Alice.

Indeed very simple but … you were missing the LB_LB component. Without it nothing will work (mostly).
Just insert it, bring it to front (ctrl + F) and recompute.
-A.

Hey thank you for your answer!
I’m sorry I think my question was not clear - I want to have values on the x-axis like : 0:00 -1:00-2:00 etc.
Like on a normal excel graph.
But true I was missing the ladybug! (this is just a part of the whole code for which I already had the ladybug runinng so it worked)

Best,
Alice

Oh,
The component doesn’t have an option to show the horizontal axis.
Can’t think because it doesn’t know what the text/scale should be. For you is clear that it is 0 to 24, but this is not an input. In excel you do provide this info.

-A.

Ok thank’s for your reply! I thought it might be working through the ‘analysis Period’.But i’ll add it manually then.
Thank’s anyway!

@alicech ,

@AbrahamYezioro answered the question well but I just wanted to add that sensing the x-axis labels for all possible data types is very complex to code and, especially when we are just re-creating the capabilities of Excel, it hasn’t been high on our priority list.

I will say that, if you know your x axis units, you can always add in some labels yourself with some native Grasshopper components and, to illustrate this, I have added a few clusters of native grasshopper components to the Visualize HVAC Peak Loads example file that is on Hydra:
http://hydrashare.github.io/hydra/viewer?owner=chriswmackey&fork=hydra_2&id=Visualize_Peak_Loads_for_HVAC_Sizing&slide=0&scale=1&offset=0,0

Here’s a picture of what the Rhino scene and clusters looks like:

And you can see that the components inside are all pretty much native GH components:

2 Likes

Great as always @chris!!
-A.