Annual Results to Data component Problem [GH file attached]

Hello everyone,
I have trouble with [HB Annual Results to Data] component.

The image below explaining my model, just in case to help understanding the trouble i met.

I guess these .ill files from [HB Annual Daylight] contains values from 2 daylight points on the same floor and that’s why the error happened. As i checked there is no problem with story set and adjacent surfaces.

So, I wanted to ask Is there any HB/LBT component can create .ill files that has 8760 illuminance values from each daylight points, not a single combined .ill file?

Here’s my GH files, It would be great for any reply.
0915_annualLTSCH.gh (407.4 KB)

Hi @Alex999 ,

Your file has too much stuff going on and no internalized geometry so I’m not going to be able to recreate the case on my machine.

It seems likely that the “Annual Results to Data” component is just not finding your sensor point in the all_pts_. If you only have 4 sensors in your whole model, maybe just don’t connect up any sel_pts_ or all_pts_. That will import data collections from all 4 sensors and then you can select the data collections that you want afterwards.

1 Like

Hey I have also been having an issue with the Annual results to Data component. I’ve modelled an office floor with 10 thermal zones in a grid of 3 x 5 and the following error shows up as seen in the screen shot.

“Failed to create data collections.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\honeybee_radiance_postprocess\cli\postprocess.py”, line 481, in annual_to_data
sensor_index=sensor_index, res_type=res_type)
File “C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\honeybee_radiance_postprocess\results.py”, line 1079, in annual_data
values = array[idx, :]
IndexError: too many indices for array: array is 1-dimensional, but 2 were indexed”

However when I change the number of zones to 5 for example in a 1 X 5 grid then the component works fine. I believe this issue happend after the file format changed from .ill to npy but I’m not sure. Could you please advise ? @chris

2 Likes

Hi @Grassee, I’d guess it’s the same issue here, based on you having some enclosed rooms. I think Mikkel has added a fix if you run the versioner.

1 Like

Hi @Grassee,

@charlie.brooker is correct. I just want to add that if you intend to receive daylight in those inner thermal zones, you should model the interior walls so that they have the AirBoundary face type.