Annual Solar Exposure (ASE) for LEED - Default hours

Hi,
Trying to understand a case study in relation to it’s ASE performance, I see that the default schedule runs from 9 am to 5 pm on weekdays.
I’ve found that the default schedule for the AnnualDaylight recipe runs from 8 am to 5 pm (see here).
Saying so, the LEED requirement for schedule says that it should be 10 hours going from 8 am to 6 pm all days (3650 hours in total), as the IES-LM-83-12 demands:

Just want to be sure if the ASE component uses the LEED requirements or the default schedule. If the later, i guess this should be revised in order to comply to LEED (and hopefully it is not messing with the schedule used for the AnnualDaylight calculation).
BTW, i think the requirements for LEED sDA are the same as the ASE’s. Worthwhile to check.
@mikkel, any thoughts from you?

Thanks,
-A.

1 Like

Hi @AbrahamYezioro,

Since that post you linked to, we have changed the default to 8 am to 6 pm on all days (including weekend), as discussed here. This change has been made for both the daylight recipes and the post-processing components. So I can confirm that the ASE component is using the IES-LM-83-12 occupancy schedule.

But I understand any confusion, because I can see that we never changed the description in the components. Thanks for bringing this up, @AbrahamYezioro. I have changed the description in the components, which are available by running LB Versioner.

1 Like

Thanks @mikkel ,
Now I remember that post :flushed:
-A.