Block Mesh not running

cfd-outdoor

Hi,
i’m trying to run a cfd simulation from the 01_0_Outdoor_airflow from the butterfly example files. I am following the tutorial from @mostapha . Block mesh is giving me some errors.

"
Updating cell size in blockMeshDict.
Updating grading in blockMeshDict.
Saved changes to blockMeshDict to:
C:\Users\fjmtgeneral\butterfly\outdoor_airflow\system\blockMeshDict
Runtime error (Win32Exception): WindowsError

Traceback:
line 232, in run, “C:\Users\fjmtgeneral\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\scripts\butterfly\runmanager_bluecfd.py”
line 756, in command, “C:\Users\fjmtgeneral\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\scripts\butterfly\case.py”
line 788, in blockMesh, “C:\Users\fjmtgeneral\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\scripts\butterfly\case.py”
line 52, in script
"

I installed Bluecfd 2017-2 and it has been running as an admin.

Any ideas how to solve this issue? there is also a grad xyz at the beginning of the script that is not connected to anything on its output.

Thanks!

Butterfly 0.0.05 bluecfd io error

Hi,@nach According to my experience, you should run Rhino 6 as admin also.

1 Like

yes, i have been running rhino 6 as admin as well

can it be because i’m running windows on bootcamp?

Also, in the butterfly 0.005 folder there are 2 installers. one in the main folder and another one in the example files. should i use both?

Thanks

Hi @TheodorosGalanos, @mostapha, any idea on how can i solve this issue. I forgot to mention that i’m running windows 10 through bootcamp.

Thanks!

Hello, I have exactly the same problem with the same errors! I’m using windows 10 pro.

1 Like