CEC Files missing

Hey all!

I am having difficulty finding the CEC files needed in Grasshopper. The sam.nrel.gov/libraries link is just a blank page. At one point I thought I had found a link (see bellow) but now this file does not function with the ImportCECPhotovoltaicsModule.

From what I can tell, the issue is caused by a new or different csv column order. Do we have a solution? Is there a plan for an update that will work with the new file format? Or is there a link to updated CEC files? My company relies heavily on this model for use in solar calculations.

In the mean time, I wish to provide a copy of the file we have been using so that others might use it too. This file is not up to date, and is from Early 2019, but seeing as there is no version of it online that I can find, I felt like I should share my stop gap measure. However, I currently can no since I’m still a “new member”. When this Changes I will upload my file.

This seems like a quick and easy fix. Can you share a sample workflow with the file that doesn’t work?

First, I go to https://github.com/NREL/SAM/tree/develop/deploy/libraries and download the cec modules file.

Second, in grasshopper, I insert an ImportCECPhotovoltaicsModule component.

Third, to the file input, I attach a path to the csv file from step one.

Forth, I choose the index of the panel I wish to use.

Please try this file and report back if it works with CEC.csv CEC.gh (370.5 KB)

1 Like

Worked Great, Thanks!

Side idea since you seem to be able to develop this, is it possible you can add a member index in as well? It would be nice to look up a panel by name instead of by index number, that way if the order in the file changes it doesn’t effect the output.

I am not sure if it would be practical to do that since there are thousands of modules in the file.