Creating Custom Schedule with shorter timestep

Hey everyone!

I’ve had a tough time trying to add a schedule with shorter timesteps into my EP Library. Trying to follow a few discussions like this and this but unfortunately, it hasn’t been of much luck.

This is the code I created using Openstudio and used it in UserCustomEPLibrary.idf in C:/ladybug.
userCustomEPLibrary.idf (6.4 KB)

I believe I might be making a mistake with the IDF script. I would really appreciate some help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Adarsh

The location you are using is right for the HB Legacy. The location for the LBT should be something like this:
C:Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\ladybug_tools\standards\schedules
After you copy your IDF file there, restart Rhino+GH and it should work … in theory.
-A.

1 Like

Hey @AbrahamYezioro

Thank you for your response.

I have trouble loading/opening my grasshopper script by placing my IDF file into that folder.
Another thing to add is that this folder standards\schedules is empty, is that common?

No. It is not common. Can’t tell how did you install LBT, but to be sure I suggest you do clean install using the single click installer .
-A.

I was able to reinstall Ladybug tools using the Pollination single-click installer. The folder located which you were talking about has moved from C:User to
C:ProgramFiles\Ladybug_tools.
The schedules folder in this has a schedule.json file with all the accessible schedules on the Schedule library. When I copy my IDF file into this folder, the custom schedule still can’t be called back.

Do you think there is an error in the idf file?

Best,
Adarsh

The ProgramFiles location is intended for the default standards (libraries) installed with LBT.
The own defined standards are supposed to be located at the location i mentioned before. BTW, checked it and it is possible that at installation it is empty but you can put there your own definitions. These locations are “secured” on new installations (they won’t be deleted by the installer) while those in ProgramFiles will.
If I think there is an error with your if? Can’t tell.
-A.

1 Like

I could definitely be wrong but I think that things in the standards library are supposed to be in *.json format. which shouldn’t be to hard to translate your idf as the schedule objects have from_idf methods, and then they have to_dict methods that give you your json serializable component.
like I said I could be wrong but I think things are supposed to be in json format for the standards library
hopefully that’s helpful
-trevor

Hi @TrevorFedyna
You are wrong in this one. IDF files can be part of the standards. I’m having myself a couple of the for schedules and materials.
What i don’t remember is if thee is any limitation about what the name of the files should be. I have in the schedules folder a file named user_library_Schedules.idf.
Maybe @chris can shade some light here …

In the meantime found this old thread that I asked a while ago.
-A.

3 Likes

Thankyou for correcting me! and that is really good to know.
-trevor

As you say, @AbrahamYezioro , both IDF and JSON files are accepted. There is no restrictions about what these files are called as long as they are in the standards/schedules folder.

You just have to make sure that the text you plug in your Grasshopper definition to assign the schedule matches the IDF name of the schedule. Or, if it’s in JSON, it should match the identifier of the schedule

4 Likes

Thank you @AbrahamYezioro
I believe my schedule was written wrong.
I’m not able to call the schedule in the script with a small fix in the IDF code.

Cheers,
Adarsh