EnergyPlus analysis won't write file or run

Hey everyone,

I am just starting to learn energy modelling with HB and E+ and came across these errors on the first try. After creating a very simple geometry, both the run Energy Simulation and the export to OpenStudio component give errors:

run energy simulation:

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** [ShadowCalculation][ShadowCalculation 1][shading_calculation_method] - “AverageOverDaysInFrequency” - Failed to match against any enum values.
  2. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** [ShadowCalculation][ShadowCalculation 1][shading_calculation_update_frequency_method] - “30” - Failed to match against any enum values.
  3. The simulation has failed because of this fatal error:
    ** Fatal ** Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.

and the export to OpenStudio component:

1. Solution exception:The type initializer for ‘OpenStudio.OpenStudioModelCorePINVOKE’ threw an exception.

I tried updating ladybug, honeybee, the components and used a different computer, but kept getting the exact same results… I downloaded OpenStudio today (3.0.1). Any ideas?

0_Climate_Trial.3dm (476.4 KB) 0_Climate_Trial.gh (569.2 KB)

1 Like

I got the same probelem

I downloaded an older version of Openstudio and that worked well for me.
You can find them on GitHub:

Please check this How to get Honeybee Legacy working with OpenStudio 3.0. OS 3.0.1 is working seamlessly with updated ladybugtool.

2 Likes