Error in installation

Hi, I am having an error when installing ladybug, I believe it’s because my C:/ users/ 颜灏 file name is madarin. I am searching to change the user folder name but do not want to break the software on my computer. And I do not want do change my windows registry file. I am not good at computer. One question I have is if I can install ladybug to a custom folder location instead of C:/ users/ 颜灏.

Error
Installing Ladybug Tools core Python libraries.
Installing lbt-dragonfly==0.7.127 via pip using
C:\Users\颜灏\ladybug_tools\python\python.exe
Ladybug Tools core Python libraries successfully installed!

Installing Ladybug Tools recipes.
Installing lbt-recipes==0.10.0 via pip using
Ladybug Tools recipes successfully installed!

Installing ladybug-rhino Python library.
Installing ladybug-rhino[cli]==1.28.6 via pip using
Ladybug-rhino Python library successfully installed!

Runtime error (EncoderFallbackException): ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character ‘\u989C’ in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)

Traceback:
line 296, in write_iron_python_batch_file, “”
line 489, in script

You can do this with our single-click executable installer that we sell (not the free Food4Rhino installer). However, if you are willing to just create another user account on your machine with a username that has only ASCII characters, this would also solve your case and you would not have to buy the installer from us.

Particularly if you’re in a situation where an IT department controls your machine and you are not able to create another user account, then you can buy the installer from us by emailing info@ladybug.tools.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the assistance

I managed to edit the python script of the installer and changed the installation folder to my C:\ladybug_tools. Things are working fine with most of the ladybug components, e.g., nothing used to work before I changed the python script of the installer, but now components like " LB Direct Sun Hours" are working fine.

However, some components are still having trouble, e.g., when I enter the url of the weather file to the “LB Download Weather” component, I get the ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character error. Providing a folder solves this particular problem. However, I am stuck now with a problem in " HB Annual Daylight" which reports the below error

Error
Runtime error (ValueErrorException): Input “sensor-grid” was not found for recipe “annual_daylight”.

Traceback:
line 168, in input_value_by_name, “C:\ladybug_tools\python\Lib\site-packages\lbt_recipes\recipe.py”
line 94, in script

I would be grateful if I can get your feedback, and if you can point me in the direction of solving this problem. Solving the “HB Annual Daylight” component problem will help my work a lot (at least for the time being), I am sure everything else in my model is built correctly.

Best,
Hao

@yh383523210 ,

Running the following from command line should allow you to use the installation that you have in C:\ladybug_tools just like it was in its default location.

C:\ladybug_tools\python\Scripts\ladybug.exe set-config ladybug-tools-folder C:\ladybug_tools\

The annual_daylight error sounds like you just have a very old version of the software. Did you use the latest LBT 1.3 installer in your hack?

Thanks a lot for your help, the command line worked, it solved the “LB Download Weather” component issue. However, I now have a different problem with the same “HB Annual Daylight” component
(below). I would be grateful for your help.

Yes I am using the latest lady-bug tools

Error
{0;0}
0. Runtime error (PythonException): The recipe failed to run with the following summary:

Scheduled 26 tasks of which:

• 13 ran successfully:
    • 1 CreateDirectSky(…)
    • 1 CreateOctree(…)
    • 1 CreateOctreeWithSuns(…)
    • 1 CreateRadFolder(…)
    • 1 CreateSkyDome(…)
  • 1 failed:
    • 1 DirectSunlightLoop(…)
  • 12 were left pending, among these:
    • 3 were missing external dependencies:
      • 1 AnnualDaylightRaytracing(…)
      • 1 AnnualDaylightRaytracingLoop(…)
      • 1 DirectSunlight(…)
    • 6 had missing dependencies:
      • 1 CalculateAnnualMetrics(…)
      • 1 LetAnnualDaylightFly(…)
      • 1 MergeRawResults(…)
      • 1 OutputMatrixMath(…)
      • 1 _AnnualDaylightRayTracing_4fe81c3cOrchestrator(…)
    • 3 was not granted run permission by the scheduler:
      • 1 AnnualDaylightRaytracing(…)
      • 1 AnnualDaylightRaytracingLoop(…)
      • 1 DirectSunlight(…)

This progress looks :frowning: because there were failed tasks

Use the report_out attribute of recipe settings to see a full report.

Traceback:
line 137, in script

Best,
Hao

There was a bug related to this that resulted from usernames that contain white spaces. The latest installer on Food4Rhino has the fix. So I recommend just downloading the latest installer and then reinstalling.