Exporting HB Charts to vector drawing/illustrator

Dear everybody,

how can I export analysis charts to illustrator or print them as a vector drawing?
Since for example lb monthly chart has a sperate output for the analysis mesh and the corresponding text, I would have to to bake mesh and text seperately and assign a new location to the text, don’t I?

This earlier thread addresses a similar problem, but the pictures and the definition to bake the data as a mesh is not visible to me anymore. Also it seems it does not address the problem of having to manually relabel the chart.

I am sure I am missing something, since this seems to be a very basic question.
Thank you very much for your help!
easyjet

Hi @easyjet

You can use Graphic+ for generating images.

For getting the positions of the text objects you can use the following python code.
It is a bit a workaround but it works.

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs
import Rhino.Geometry as rg

# Input parameters
text_goo = Legend_Text

try:
    # Try to extract plane and text
    plane = text_goo.m_value.TextPlane
    text = text_goo.m_value.Text
    # Output parameters
    plane_output = plane
    text_output = text
except AttributeError:
    # If AttributeError exception is raised (no m_value attribute), set output parameters to None
    plane_output = None
    text_output = None

Hi Erikbeeren,

thank you for your reply and taking the time to write the script for me. I will as soon as I have time again. Unfortunately I use a mac so I cannot use the Graphic+ add on.
Where would I run the python script? in rhino or inside a component in grasshopper?
If in grasshopper, do connect it to the text output? It seemed to me the text output is just plain text, or does the text have the location somewhere associated to it?
What is an m_value, if you dont mind?

Thanks again and cheers! Cornelis

Hi @easyjet

@ZhengrongTao wrote the script.
Her you can find the discussion: