Honeybee Intersect Mass trouble

Hey,

I have been working on a Grasshopper Honeybee file of an energy simulation for a building and have encountered issues with the IntersectMass component. I attached the file and marked the intersection issue column with red (be aware, the file is quite big)gelsenkirchenenergy.3dm (5.4 MB)
gelsenkirchenenergy5.gh (1.5 MB)

What seems to be wrong is the component performing the intersection steps, though in the end, when checking the preview before starting simulation on the DecemposeBy Type comonent, the file has not recognized dthe differences of indoor and outdoor spaces for the parts i ran the intersection component on…

I found an old discussion for this topic here

but the solutions given don’t work on my file. If i plug the intersect masses component after the split building mass component, I get an error that the intersection should have been done before this step.

Has anyone got a bit of time to look in my file and help out with a suggestion? I would really appreciate that, thanks!

Hi @marijakatrina,

Take your time and read this post. It helps you to get an answer to your questions sooner. A couple of enhancements for this particular post:

1. Simplify your file and just share the part that creates the error.
  2. Be specific about the error message and the component?
  3. Share a screen capture of the problematic part of the script.

@mostapha thanks for your suggestions. Sadly i cannot simplify much the grasshopper definition as the issue is the intersection between the zones and i have done it at the beginning of the file and the preview where issue appears visible is the last part of the file.

Though I tried here to make 2 screenshoots to explain better

wrong intersection

What I have in the picture is a building with a stair tower between two different building volumes. I did the intersection which is visible vertically as the B part in picture…though there appears another not existing intersection A in the preview of indoor walls.

If i check the baked result of the intersection, there is no mistake and i have only one vertical intersection…but it appears then at the last preview step of the file.

I hope my problem is more clear now and someone has some suggestion or idea what I have done wrong