Import gbXML file generated from ARCHICAD

open xml file in any text editor (sublime text in my case), start the search “schedule” and remove all lines between and including brackets e.g. “<Schedule ***> *** </ Schedule>”

1 Like

Hi, Mostapha
Sorry for the intrusiveness, but I really ask for help. I need windows in the grasshopper. I tried everything I could think of to fix it. I have reinstalled all components in different sequences many times. I installed the latest components from the installation instructions. You wrote to use one of the latest versions of openstudio. I tried to install the last 3 (2.5 2.6 2.7). But unsuccessfully. Windows do not appear.

After updating the honeybee, it issues a report that does not look like on your screenshot. In my report 13 lines while in your 4. Maybe this will help to understand the problem.

Please help.

Not sure what is the issue here. You are successfully updating the installation. Close Rhino and Grasshopper and re-open them. Then bring the updated components from Grasshopper tab which should be the new version.

Your OS is MAC or WINDOWS?

If this is a question for me it is Windows.

There is another solution to this problem; the idea it’s that u don’t need to define any scenario, it’s mean that u don’t affect ur building zones and export ur file before runing the simulation on Archicad. .

Hi,
I’m having the same probelm, but I can’t find that field in xml file to fix it. Can you please explain what needs to be changed in xml file? Thank you.

Oh! I found it in the previous answers! Sorry I asked.

Hi Noora,
it’s still another problems, when u try to export from Archicad. I use Spider (Ladybug tool) to check and visualise the xml building, but sometimes it doens’nt export the whole building… for example it miss overhings sometimes it miss some walls and roofs …
Any suggestion it’s welcome.
Merci beaucoup.
Thank u

Hi Aziz,

Yes, I see… I exported ArchiCAD to xml and I miss windows.

I’m new in ladybug and honeybee, I’d like to do daylight analysis and I wonder what’s the best way to work with Archicad files?

I tried AC-GH live connection, but the problem is that it is very difficult to choose openings (windows and doors). You can choose the surface of walls, roof, floor, etc. but not the openings!

I’ve also tried to export Archicad to rhino, but it comes with the wall thicknesses, and it is quite time consuming to clean the file, choose the right surfaces, etc… especially in complex models.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to work with acrchiad files?

@Aziz.BOUKARA and @Noora you should post the issues with Spider on GitHub or tag @TheoA so he will be aware of them and help you to fix it.

Here is what I see for 111.xml Spider gbXML Viewer R12

What is missing for you or what are the issues?

In any viewer everything is OK, except Honeybee. image

TheoA
Can i send u a ArchiCad file de try ?
Cause it’s doen’t work fine…

@TheoA I have the same problem. I can see the windows in the viewer, but not in Honeybee

The problem is only when using ArchiCad file, but if using REVIT to Gbxml, the translation is well…

Hello, I have exactly the same error with OpenStudio.OpenStudioGBXMLPINVOKE
I just updated Openstudio to recent version…

Solved by downgrading Openstudio from 3.0 to 2.5

Hi, and thanks for the good advice. Everything worked fine with the import of the gbxml, but unfortunately I do not get the Viualize Results in the plan view. Any tips? Or can you share a file? Everything seems to be fine, without any errors.

Maybe that is a silly answer, but have you tried to “show” the last component? In screenshot it is dark grey which suggests it being “hidden”