Issues with non planar surfaces and energy simulation

I am trying to run a microclimate analysis on a geometry with curvey surfaces and having issues with the energy simulation part… i have multiple approaches for creating the HB geometries that work perfectly on different types of analyses.

option 1: introduce whole geometry as a closed brep and add HB glazing based on window surfaces… this works for fine for my daylight simulation… when i try to use this approach to run the energy simulation i get an error saying and this is running one 1 zone.

“1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
** Severe ** For zone: ZONE_6 it is not possible to calculate the volume from the surrounding surfaces so either provide the volume value or define all the surfaces to fully enclose the zone.
2. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
** Severe ** Problem in interior solar distribution calculation (CHKBKS)”

option 2: introduce individual surfaces of the geometry as HB surfaces and create an HB Zone based on those surfaces. This works fine for my radiation simulation but for some reason when introducing this to the energy sim, i get this error
“1. Solution exception:math range error”

I tried a slight different approach of option 2 by introducing the windows using the addHBGlaz to the walls and then using that HBobj to create the zone along with the floor and ceiling HBsurfaces, but still not working…

Any ideas how to fix this?

File attached. (Options mentioned above grouped in yellow)

Thank you in advance.

@talalam The facade is double-curved surface,EnergyPlus does not support this type of geometry. If you want to run with EnergyPlus,I suggest you convert the double-curved surface to plannar surface.
double-curved surface.

1 Like