JSON upgrade/update

Hi,
I have .JSON in version 1.40.0.
Is there any possibility to upgrade this JSON to the newest version, without constructing this model from the begining?

Thanks!

@K3nQ ,

Yes, you can do this if it is a HBJSON of a Honeybee Model and not a generic JSON of a random Honeybee object.

Right now, you can do this from command line by installing the core libraries by installing Python and then the LBT core libraries with:

pip install lbt-dragonfly -U

Then, this command can update your HBJSON to the latest version:

honeybee-schema update-model [PATH TO MODEL HBJSON]

I can also wrap this command into a Grasshopper component if you are unfamiliar with running stuff from command line. Just confirm if the JSON you are upgrading is a Model and Iā€™m happy to add a new component to the development version.

FYI, you can also see a record of the schema versions that involved breaking changes here:

I made a bunch in the last month as I was trying to get the last big changes fixed before we launch plugins for other CAD environments. Now that they are done, we shouldnā€™t have any big breaking changes in the future without deprecation warnings.

1 Like

@chris
Thank You for reply.
Yes it is a model.

I think this compononent in Grasshopper will be usefull :slight_smile:

The component has been added to the ā€œ3::Serializeā€ tab of the latest development version of the plugin:

You can see that it gives you a report of all of the breaking changes through which the model has been updated.

You can get the new component using the ā€œLB Versionerā€ and it will be included in the next stable release.

2 Likes

Thank You so much :slight_smile: