Ladybug Tools 1.3.0 Image Viewer

Hello everyone,
I have installed LB 1.3 and I I was going through the sample files. Grasshopper shows that LB Image Viewer is not installed.

I found this older post that had the same issue. I downloaded the LB legacy components from the forum post and dropped to GH canvas. Image viewer in latest LB release - #5 by minggangyin

This version of LB image viewer works with GIFs, but not with HDRs as it is shown to do in the post of the new release Ladybug Tools for Grasshopper 1.3.0 Release

It´s not a relevant issue, but I was curious.

Hi @arlind.dervishaj ,

We moved the Image Viewer component from Legacy to the LBT plugin with the 1.3.0 release. The installer.gh that comes with Food4Rhino can install the updated Image Viewer if you have never installed it before. However, Grasshopper does not allow you to delete/overwrite .gha files while Rhino/Grasshopper is open. So, in order to get the new Image Viewer, you have to close Rhino/Grasshopper and delete all of the files and folders related to Ironbug/Ladybug Tools at:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries

Then, you can either re-run the second component that’s in the installer.gh or you can run the LB Versioner and this will install the new image viewer.

Thank you very much @chris !
I downloaded again the latest file of LB 1.3 from food4rhino and followed your instructions.

1 Like

Hi @arlind.dervishaj, please let us know if the newer ImageViewer works with HDR.

Hi Mingbo,
Yes, I tested it right away and it worked with HDRs. The LB 1.3 has also the FalseStartToggle which was a nice addition.

I had installed LB 1.3 in early september and then followed the instructions of Chris. In Food4rhino it showed a more recent date for LB 1.3 (14 September) and used that file this second time for installation. Maybe it had something to do.

Thanks,
Arlind

1 Like

Hi @arlind.dervishaj

Please see attached quickfix to avoid dependency from the FalseToggle as an embedded c# script component.

Edited script to fix a bug:
FalseToggleEmbedded.gh (5.6 KB)

Thanks for sharing @Mathiassn
This is what in italian is called “l’imbarazzo della scelta” (plenty of choice)

Hello @chris ,

does that mean that the LB_HB_Legacy should get deleted as well? Is there a way to install the Image Viewer, while still keeping the Legacy intact?

The new LBT image viewer is the same as the old one. It’s just moved to a different tab. So, if you want to use both legacy and LBT installed on the same machine, then I recommend only using the .gha file for the LBT plugin (so you only have one copy of the image viewer). If you need to view images that you generated with Legacy, you can still use the new LBT Image Viewer for this purpose.