Ladybug Tools for Grasshopper 1.2.0 Release

Thanks @chris @mostapha and the team!

I just updated my Ladybug 1.1 with the versioner component and it worked perfectly. Just fyi that it might also be an option instead of running it through the installer?

cheers!

Yes, it’s an option, @nach , but people upgrading from version 1.1.0 will have to run the “LB Versioner” twice (restarting Rhino in between runs) because the versioner component has, itself, been updated.

Also, if you want to make sure that you install the stable release and not the less-stable development version (the default), make sure that you plug 1.2.0 into the component:

2 Likes

Wonderful! I am waiting for the indoor thermal comfort part for a long time. Many thanks!

hi @chris

Is there a way for the “update file” component from Legacy to work for HB 1.2.0?

There’s a new component in the LBT plugin that does the same thing as that Legacy component. It’s called “LB Sync Grasshopper File” and you can see that I mention it at the top of the release notes.

1 Like

Hi, @chris
I see, I missed a lot) is the Therm not available any more?

We’ll eventually get to THERM in the LBT plugin but it’s not as high of a priority because of the reasons I mention here:

1 Like

Thanks for the Great job ladybug team!

A post was split to a new topic: Question about the new peak loads component

A post was split to a new topic: How do I include date information in my image-based Radiance studies?

Thanks for all you do, great work on the new release.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: When will ASE be supported in Ladybug Tools 1.2.0?

Thank you @chris, @mostapha, and team for all the great continued work! I’m a long-term user and LB/HB advocate at my large firm. Love to see the phsych chart, the EUI, and the radiance updates included.

It doesn’t look like onsite PV generation is yet on the near-term re-inclusion feature list. I’m in the middle of simulating PV generation now for a project and wishing it was simpler than working through some legacy builds of LB/HB and OS / E+ (especially at my large firm, every install I need IT with admin privileges to help install any programs).

It is on the near-term re-inclusion list. It’s just under the “Additional Energy Features” listed on the honeybee-energy GitHub

Love this addition to the points grid creator!

Thanks team.

3 Likes

Just installed 1.2.0 and excited to try out new features.
Thanks for the great work!

Hi @chris,

When you find the time to get Renewables updated and into in LBT, please include options for solar facades and not just roof installations, as well as the option to directly output 8760 documentation/file/report for LEED etc

rgds
anders

hello. Could you please tell me the proper version of the Open_Studio (and other related softwares ) ?

Hi @simsim

You can find them here.

Best,
Nariman

2 Likes

Hello @Nariman.Rafati
Thank you for your response.

Appreciate
Sima