LB_Terrain Generator

I’m trying to create a terrain using a the LB Terrain generator. However, When i run it, I have no output. Could someone tell me where i’m going wrong?

The _runit toggle seems to be set on False. I imagine you’ve checked bu just in case have you tried setting it to True and then show us the error message you are getting from the readMe!?

1 Like

The toggle is not the problem here. I don’t get an error message. The panel connected to the result shows that there is no output (null).

It actually is! Set it to True.

The output is still ‘null’.

cc: @AntonelloDiNunzio

Hi @zahabia,

this version of component does not work anymore.https://discourse.ladybug.tools/t/why-my-terrain-generator-does-not-work/5138
You need to provide an API key to use Google API.
Could you test the new one and please make sure you have enabled correctly a Google Project and an elevation API service too.
Make sure that you do not receive a message like this:
Connect a panel to new version of component see response from service.

Otherwise, you can use JawgMaps. It is easy to set.

Regards,
Antonello

1 Like

Hi Antonello,
I’m trying to use Terrain Generator using JawgMaps and I always get error " 1. Please check your internet connection. 2. Please try again, you lost some data." I’m connected to the internet and there is no issue with that.

I could not figure out exactly what I’m missing. Any idea how I solve it. Thank you

terrain generator_alshayeb - Copy.gh (393.5 KB)

Hi @MohammedAlshayeb,

If you read response you can see HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests.
A way to manage it is using “sleepFactor” input:

Component manages only elevation data for JawgMaps data. If you use GoogleAPI and MapQuestAPI you can manage also textures.

Regards,
Antonello

Thanks @AntonelloDiNunzio,

Can I get the image with JawgMaps? I got the elevation data but there is not image.