Lookup Daylighting Folder

Hi!

While I was working on one of the sample file for daylighting, after the simulation I was trying to bring the results for analysis but I see there there is no component still. I tried to use the old one but without any luck.

Is there a workaround to bring the result for analysis?

Are you trying to load the values to double check or trying to use Lookup folder not to re-run the analysis. If it’s the second case, Honeybee[+] loads the results from the previous study by default without re-running the analysis, unless you set reuseMtx inputs to False.

Hi @mostapha,

Thanks for replying!
I am using this tool in the legacy version so I can load in the same file different simulations together.
this allows me to “play” easily with the result values of all the simulations I run.
With the suggestion you are giving me is doable, but for what I saw is that I have to maintain the geometry, analysis recipe, etc…, while in the Lookup Folder component I did not need to import them.
For what I have done , I found the component very useful.

best regards,

Federico

We can add this as a new feature to Honeybee[+] and it’s actually much easier than the honeybee legacy to do. Can you open an issue on GitHub so we can add it soon?

1 Like

hi @mostapha,

just posted here: https://github.com/ladybug-tools/honeybee/issues/185

Hi @mostapha,

Yeah, I totally agree with @Federico587, would be perfect to have a HB+ component recall old simulations results.
If I am not wrong, right now if a run a new simulation there is no way to reanalyze an old simulation. We have to rerun the old one again to see the results on the canvas.

Thanks Mostapha for the great tool!

A