Lose EP construction data

Hi @chris

In the new LBT 1.1 when setting up energy model geometry assigning the characteristics to each face of my rooms (in particular EP construction data), when connecting all my faces to the room component I lose all the input information that are subsituted with standard construction set.

Is there a way to keep all the EP construction data that I assigned to the different faces when connecting them to the room component?

Thanks
Michele

@mich.dimart ,

Can you provide a sample file that re-creates the issue?

I am not able to re-create it on my end:

Hi @chris
sorry for the late reply. Yes when you check it directly on the gh model the material applied to each face it’s maintained. But when you open the .idf or the .osm file, the EP construction are subtituded by Generic Construction Set. Or at least in my case happened this.
See screenshot attached as an example using a box and assigning a random EP construction).

Thank you
Michele

@mich.dimart ,

I think you might just be misunderstanding how ConstructionSets work in OpenStudio. When you apply a construction to an individual Honeybee Face (OpenStudio Surface), it overrides the construction that gets assigned by the room-assigned ConstructionSet. So you should see that the Surface you are concerned about should still have the overriding construction assigned to it if you went over to the 3D view of your OpenStuido Application or if you checked the individual surface constructions in your IDF like so:

Hi @chris

thank you, you are right, now it is all clear.

Best
Michele