Modelling BIPV and calculating Energy Consumption and Thermal Comfort

Hello everyone, I am currently working on a simulation project where I will be integrating a Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) system onto a building model. I aim to calculate its energy consumption and thermal comfort. However, I am facing a few challenges in the process. Firstly, I am unsure how to model the BIPV system with a custom shape for my simulation. Secondly, I am unsure how to integrate the BIPV system into my algorithm for calculating energy consumption and thermal comfort. I would appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to overcome these challenges.

This is what I’m trying to model

Here is the rhino file
TA_Pokki_Bestest900_ThermalComfort_updated_02.gh (708.1 KB)

*Currently I’m substituting the pv with louver. Still, if I use a louver, it will sacrifice the value of thermal comfort due to the different properties of the PV material and the louver. Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide. Your insights will be valuable in helping me successfully complete my simulation project.

Sorry to tag @djordje @chris , I hope you can help me with this problem.

Hi @pokkisianturi ,
I think about the energy consumption, it was discussed in this topic:

You have to somehow use the ACenergyPerHour output of the Photovoltaics surface results and further integrate them with for example EUI component from the upper topic. But I can’t help you with that, I never used the EUI component.
As for the custom shape, just use those surfaces you would like to populate with BIPV panels as _PVsurface input of the Photovoltaics surface component.
Sorry for the late reply.