Rhino 7 and LBT Versioner

@Asisnath,
I believe you need to run the .bat file according to these instructions, stage 4. Remember to close Rhino before.
Hope it helps.

-A.

1 Like

Hi @AbrahamYezioro. You were correct. After installing Rhino 7, again I have to run the batch file. Now it’s working. But the update components for both LBT and legacy throws the same error as yours.

1 Like

So now we are two with the same problem. Even though @chris is not having it probably there are/will be more users having it. Let’s hope @eirannejad will catch the error.
-A.

1 Like

Ok. I’ll do a reinstall of all the apps on my machine and will try to replicate this error. So far I’m not seeing any which is very weird.

Hi @eirannejad. Any update on this?

@Asisnath @AbrahamYezioro I reinstalled Rhino and the apps and can not replicate this issue. Let’s figure out where is the conflicting “Microsoft.Dynamic” coming from. Would you please run a system-wide search for “Microsoft.Dynamic” and see how many versions are available on your machine? For some reason the runtime is trying to load an incorrect version

Hi @eirannejad,
This is what i’ve found in my machine Indeed i have many versions.

-A.

Okay great. Seems like there are at least 5 different versions. Are you testing this LBT component of Revit? (Rhino.Inside.Revit). If not let’s focus on the one inside C:\Ironbug and get the dll info so we can see what version it is

So far i’m not testing the RHino.Inside.Revit, but maybe at some point i will.

The ironbug version is different than the one you posted above. it is 1.1.2.22.
Can be that? Not sure since i’m assuming @chris is also having it and he is not having this issue.

In any case i also checked the other version files.
The one in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2021\SDA\AddIns\BackendBindings\PythonBinding is 1.1.0.20.
Also same version for the one at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2021\SDA\AddIns\BackendBindings\RubyBinding

All the others are 1.1.0.1000
Thanks @eirannejad,
-A.

1 Like

Great! The ironbug version seems to exactly match the dll version from error above

Runtime error (TypeLoadException): Could not load type 
‘ComponentAce.Compression.Libs.ZLib.ZStream’ from assembly ‘Microsoft.Dynamic, 
Version=1.1.2.22, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f709c5b713576e1’.

I think this is the culprit. This seems to be related to LadyBug Tools. If this is not what you are using I suggest removing it (make backups) and testing LBT in Grasshopper again

I did a fresh LBT install on my machine and I don’t have the ironbug directory

1 Like

This is it!!
I neutralized the Ironbug folder and the versioner is running now fine in RHino 7.
@chris and @MingboPeng FYI. Any ideas how to solve this at your end?

Thanks @eirannejad!
-A.

3 Likes

@eirannejad @AbrahamYezioro Thanks for catching the error. Abraham what did you mean by neutralising the folder? Do you mean to delete iron bug folder?

No. Just changed it’s name so it will not be uploaded. No need to delete!!
-A.

2 Likes

Thanks, @AbrahamYezioro. The update components work. Cheers !

2 Likes

Perfect! Thanks for being patient and helping figuring this out.

2 Likes

Thank you all for getting to the bottom of this issue, @AbrahamYezioro , @Asisnath and @eirannejad .

I am assigning this issue to @MingboPeng to address when he gets the chance. It seems like we’ll need another release of Ironbug with an updated IronPython to officially address this.

2 Likes

Hi @AbrahamYezioro @Asisnath @eirannejad,

I cannot recreate this issue on my machine since I don’t have Rhino 7 license. I tested with Rhino 7 Beta, everything works fine. Would you please do one more test for me? Remove the Microsoft.Dynamic.dll in C:\Ironbug, and to see if everything would work again? Ironbug should work with the version from Rhino 7.

Hi @MingboPeng. As you said, I removed Microsoft.Dynamic.dll in C:\Ironbug and reran the LBT update component. It worked fine without issue. Even Ironbug loaded cleanly without a popup.

Hi @MingboPeng,
I can also report that ironbug loads fine in both R6/R7 and the versioner also works fine for both of them.
Thanks,
-A.

Thanks @Asisnath and @AbrahamYezioro, I will remove the “Microsoft.Dynamic.dll” in Ironbug for the next version.

1 Like