Run solar analysis for a large urban scale

Hi,

I am new to Grasshopper (GH) and Ladybug (LB). I am fairly experienced with Dynamo. I want to perform a large-scale solar radiation analysis and I have some questions:

1/ I have already conducted a solar radiation analysis in Ladybug using all my geometry data at the same time in the geometry input, without any input in the context. I’m not sure if this is the correct approach without any context input. Can you confirm if this is the right way?

2/ The geometry I loaded is from Revit, and it includes building ID names. How can I label my geometry using the test points? It seems like a lot of work to do this with the limited list components in Grasshopper!

Hi @khaoula,

Maybe this post can be helpful for you. Ladybug Incident radiation for city scale models in one batch, p.2

1. As I remember, you can have no context geometry
  2. Do you need to keep building IDs after conducting a calculation? If yes, it is a bit tricky, I saw here several topics on how to perform per-building analysis. I have been using the grafted geometry input, where every building goes in a separate branch - but it is a super long. There is another trick but it is a bit clumsy.
1 Like