View full screen: https://www.ladybug.tools/spider-2021/spider-viewer/
The Spider Viewer 2021 is now an early stage work-in-progress.
- Mix and match OSM, RAD, HBJSON and gbXML files in the same scene
- Load multiple files via URL, file dialog or drag & drop
- Drag and drop models in the scene to new locations
- Decompress and load models from ZIP file automatically
- Explore dozens of sample files
- View renderer statistics and frames per seconds
- Right-click surfaces to view their details in a pop-up
Instead of multiple viewers each supporting a single file format, it’s now one viewer that reads any number of formats. There’s more on the way:
- Faster drawing algorithms. For example. try loading this 21MB model 62K triangles of geometry: urban_district.hbjson. It takes a while lo load, but once it’s up: click the reload button. Right-click on and notice the pop-up appears without delay. Over the next few weeks the new algorithms will be refactored into all file format loaders
- More file formats to be added. Anybody want IFC or EPW or Design Explorer support?
- Better user experience in moving, viewing and editing the data
- Of course many - if not all - the features you have enjoyed from previous releases will be added.
As always with the Spider scripts,
- you don’t have to change your ways! All the previous releases will continue to be available. Choose to work the way you want.
- The code is so simple and easy to tweak it even runs is Discourse!
And - as is so often the case with open source apps:
- No feedback from users means programmers get bored and work on other projects
- Lots of feedback makes for lots of coding.
So let’s talk about making this the best Spider Viewer!