Unable to find an entry point named 'CSharp_OpenStudio

Hello everyone,

I’m a longtime user of DesignBuilder, but I’m trying to switch to other workflows
SIMULACAO LBforum.gh (590.6 KB)
(even though it is by far the best tool of its kind, I just can`t afford the DB license). I tried OpenStudio, but I couldn’t install the SketchUp plugin. Now I’m trying to use Honeybee simulation with EnergyPlus, but I’m having some compatibility issues with OpenStudio.

I found a similar question in this forum, but I couldn’t get it to work. I’m getting the following error message in the “Export to OpenStudio” component:

Solution exception: Unable to find an entry point named ‘CSharp_OpenStudio_toPath__SWIG_0’ on DLL ‘openstudio_csharp.dll’.

Here are some things I’ve tried (not in any particular order):

• I’ve tried different versions of OpenStudio: 2.7, 2.9.1, 3.0.0, 3.2.0, and 3.5.1.
  • I’ve tried installing OpenStudio in the LB folder, as suggested in another post about a similar problem, but the software wasn’t recognized.
  • I’ve updated to version 1.7 of Honeybee through the Pollination site.
  • I’ve saved the openstudio.lib and dll files in the csharp folder.

I’m really hoping someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello Rvenacio,

I’m facing the exact same issue with the LB tool legacy even tough Openstudio from pollination works for me. I haven’t been able to resolve it therfore I’ve posted a topic in another group where there are more people. Hopefully, someone there has successfully addressed this problem.