Viewbased daylight similation error Issue on mac

Hello all. I am experiencing issue with view based recipie (example file) on Mac. When running 1st simulation the recipe works but the post processing components throws error as shown below :

When again I toggle the. boolean to true the view based recipe itself fails to run giving the error as shown below

This recipie working fine on a desktop.
Except this all radiance based recipies working fine on mac.
viewbased.gh (79.3 KB)

Hey @Asisnath ,

I can’t recreate the issue on Windows and it might be some time before I can get access to a Mac to test this. Can you double-click one of the components that is failing, re-run it by hitting the little :play_or_pause_button: button, and then post a screenshot of what you see in the bottom of the editor. That should enable me to see where exactly in the code it is failing.

1 Like

hi @chris . Here it is:

1 Like

Hey @Asisnath ,

This appears to be the same issue that was encountered here 6 months ago, which we fixed but it seems it was reintroduced as a result of this later update. I think the check that was used to catch this case in the later update was probably a little too strict to last through future versions of Radiance.

I loosened the check to just try the fix whenever the operating system is Mac:

If you could run the LB Versioner after an hour or so and then let us know whether the issue persists, that would be very helpfuul.

FYI, I see that the fix has made it through all of our CI if you want to give it a test, @Asisnath .

Thanks @chris for the update. I updated through Versioner and unfortunately the error with post processing component still exits. Though both error are different now than previous one. But the view based recipe is working now even I rerun more than once. Here is the error screenshot.

Thanks so much for testing this, @Asisnath . This is looking promising. I just pushed a change to catch this last case:

It will be available with the Versioner in an hour and, hopefully, this is the last bug we encounter in regards to getting everything working on Mac.

1 Like

The fix is available with the Versioner, @Asisnath . Let us know if you get the chance to test it.

1 Like

Hi @chris. We are very close to success. Now the components are running fine and images are also generated in simulation folder, but still image viewer is throwing error and I am getting a strange warning in between of simulation. I am attaching the images below

Hey @Asisnath ,

In that case, I might recommend checking permissions of the .gha file for Image Viewer or of the ra_tiff file in your Radiance/bin folder. ra_tiff is the Radiance executable that is supposed to convert the HDR image to a TIFF file. I assume it is being called under the hood of the “ImageViewer” component.

@MingboPeng might know more as the author of the ImageViewer component

1 Like

@chris I think I got the solution of this issue. So what I did earlier was when I installed radiance from git hub it had two mac modules to download

one is package and one is zip.
So If I downlaoded the zip and extracted directly to Ladybugtools folder, radiance works well but in some cases its asking for signature. As it is not installed , only copy pasted it threw error.

I deleted that folder and ran the radiance package from github and installed in default location “usr/local/radiance”

I re-ran the script, now its accessing the usr folder radinace rather ladybugtools folder’s radiance. Finally it. ran successfuly and no signature was asked. so installaing the radiance package will keep the bugs out!.

Thanks for the fix @chris! :+1:

1 Like

Wonderful! Glad to hear that we got to the bottom of it all. And, yes, that is how I would recommend installing Radiance on Mac. Using the unzipping method is likely to require extra unlocking steps.

1 Like