Annual Daylight Glare Probability for multiple Test_points

Hi @chris @mikkel. I would like to thank the LBT team for implementing the imageless glare as a recipe.Its excellent way of analysing glare potential. I have one query regarding hourly plot of dgp for a point. As each point displays 8 direction of hourly plot , is there a way we could understand which hourly plot map represents which direction? By any way can we select one direction from a selected point and visualise it in view after the imageless glare recipe is done!

I also find that if I use 6 cores using recipe setting it still uses a single core to process. Is this recipe scalable using multicore procesors

Hi @Asisnath,

I believe the plots are ordered counterclockwise. The first plot will be the direction of _start_vec_ in HB Radial Grid from Rooms, (0, -1, 0) by default. I will let @chris comment on whether a better way to tell them apart can be implemented.

It is a grid-based recipe so it is scalable. I changed the grid split settings (cpus_per_grid=1) to a more suitable value for this recipe. It should split the grid(s) into the number of workers. If you cannot wait for the update to go through you can edit this manually in the following file:

1 Like

Thanks . Will wait for the update. :+1:

The way i recognized the direction is looking where the glare shows, for instance morning or afternoon hours. Fromm that i see the direction is from “south” (0,-1,0) counter clockwise.
-A.

1 Like

Hi guys

I just had the chance to test the new imageless annual glare component. Thanks guys for implementing this recipe! This will be very useful.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to make a separate GA component for post-processing?

Now, I do not know whether it is the same in the states, but european sustainability certification schemes rely on the following thresholds from EN17037:

This is where the GA gets handy, as it can be used to identify how long time a threshold is exceeded in specific areas. BUT since the threshold is used as an input for the simulation, I would need to make 3 different simulations to evaluate the DGP_e<5% for each threshold.

However, when I look at the hourly heatmaps, I can see that the DGP is in fact calculated for various DGP levels.

So to me it seems like I should be able to investigate the GA for all three threshold levels with just one simulation. This would however require a separate post-processing component for GA. This component could use the annual results and a glare threshold as input, quite like the HB sDA component.

Sorry for the late response here and it’s good to see that you all are enjoying the new recipe. @mikkel made the update to better parallelize the calculation a few days ago but I just updated the version of the recipe that ships with Ladybug Tools yesterday. So, after the next time that update/reinstall Ladybug Tools, you should see better parallelization.

That’s a good point about the 8 directions, @Asisnath . @mikkel accurately described how the sensors are ordered for each radial plot. So the first is always (0, -1, 0) and they go counterclockwise from that (when viewed from above). But I understand that it’s a little annoying to manage several sets of results together when you only want them for a single view. Would it help if added two extra inputs to the HB Annual Results to Data component for sel_vecs_ and all_vecs_? This would allow you to filter the results by direction as well as position. Just let me know and I am happy to add it.

For your point, @MarkLabrosse , @mikkel just sent a PR for a “HB Annual Glare Metrics” component, which can compute sGA while also allowing you to customize the schedule and glare thresholds. If it’s all good to go, I’ll try and get this merged into the plugin before the end of today.

4 Likes

Hi @MarkLabrosse and everyone else,

The “HB Annual Glare Metrics” component is available by running LB Versioner. As @chris mentioned it also calculates sGA. The user experience should be more or less the same as using “HB Annual Daylight Metrics” and “HB Spatial Daylight Autonomy” combined.

4 Likes

The sel_vecs_ would be a great addition to make the component perfect.
Thanks @chris

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming, @LaFleur . I’ll add it to my agenda and get to it when I can.

FYI, this capability to select sensors according to the direction has been incorporated into the latest “HB Annual Results to Data” component:

4 Likes

Hello,

very grateful for the new recipe, but there is one thing I can’t seem to understand. When I want to change the number of view directions, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Hello, I want to run the sample of annual glare in grasshopper, but the componoent report one error that " Solution exception:Recipe “imageless-annual-glare” is not installed.". I don’t konw how to fix it, or how to install it?

Try to update LBT with the LB Versioner in the 5th tab of Ladybug

thanks for your response, can you give a link with that? I can’t find the lastest version. Thanks for you again.

1 Like

Thanks you very much, the component now is working.

I found it can work by changing the parameter of dir_count.

2 Likes

I tried using multiple ways to make the direction count increase/decrease but was unable

Thank you very much for pointing this out @Hristo . It appears that the _dir_count_ input was working as it was intended on the “HB Radial Grid from Rooms” component but it was not working correctly on the “HB Radial Sensor Grid” component that simply takes _positions as an input:

I just pushed a fix for the “HB Radial Sensor Grid” component:

You should be able to get the fixed version by using the “LB Versioner” in an hour or so.
Thanks again!

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: HB Face Crashes with Complex Context?