Butterfly 0.0.05 bluecfd io error

Hello,

I’ve downloaded the latest version (0.0.05) of butterfly from food4rhino on Rhino 6 and Win7 64bit, installed it with the installer.gh and tested after sucessful installation the outdoor airflow example. It works fine until I activate the write option and the the run option on the blockmesh component. Then I get:

Updating cell size in blockMeshDict.
Updating grading in blockMeshDict.
Saved changes to blockMeshDict to:
C:\Users[user]\butterfly\outdoor_airflow\system\blockMeshDict
Runtime error (PythonException): Das Handle ist ungültig.
Das Handle ist ungültig.
Das Handle ist ungültig.
Das Handle ist ungültig.
Das Handle ist ungültig.
tee: failed to reopen ‘stdout’ with mode ‘wb’: Bad file descriptor

–> FOAM FATAL IO ERROR:
error in IOstream “Sout” for operation Ostream& operator<<(Ostream&, const char*)

file: Sout at line 16.

From function virtual bool Foam::IOstream::check(const char*) const
in file db/IOstreams/IOstreams/IOstream.C at line 96.

FOAM exiting

Traceback:
line 278, in _handle_process, “C:\Users[user]\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\scripts\butterfly\runmanager_bluecfd.py”
line 213, in _run_ironpython, “C:\Users[user]\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\scripts\butterfly\runmanager_bluecfd.py”
line 234, in run, “C:\Users[user]\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\scripts\butterfly\runmanager_bluecfd.py”
line 756, in command, “C:\Users[user]\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\scripts\butterfly\case.py”
line 788, in blockMesh, “C:\Users[user]\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\scripts\butterfly\case.py”
line 52, in script

when I run the ir.bat file from the “command shell” everything is fine and blockmesh starts and runs without error. Do you have a hint how to overcome this issue? It’s the same with the other examples.

thanks in advance

Gabriel

@GG ,

I am by no means the the best expert of OpenFOAM errors on this forum but did you run the blueCFD-Core terminal as administrator as described in step 3 on the wiki?

Alternatively, does running Rhino as administrator address the issue?

Yes, I ran both (blueCFD cor terminal and Rhino ) as Admin, but I always get this error

Hi, I have the exact same error but with Rhino 5. Any inputs?
Thanks in advance!

Hello,
exact same here.

• Windows 7 // Rhino 6
  • Installed blueCFD-Core 2017-2 in standard folder
  • Open bluecfd terminal as admin
  • Reboot
  • Installed Butterfly 0.0.05 with one error: “Failed to remove C:…\UserObjects\Butterfly
  • Reboot
  • Open Rhino 6 as admin
  • Open example file 01_9_outdoor_airflow
  • Get the error when flagged true the blockmesh…
  • Went to bed sad

Guys,
windows 7 was the problem…

re-done everything with win 10 and it works

Damn, ok, thanks for the update!