Dragonfly RunURBANopt component 1.3.0 - WindowsError

Hello,

I followed the installation instructions for installing the Ladybug tools in this repo, I checked the compatibility matrix, and since I have LBT version 1.3.0, I have Python 3.79, Radiance 5.4a, Openstudio 3.2.0, and URBANoptCLI 0.6.2. For URBANoptCLI 0.6.2 I executed the setup-env.bat file in admin mode.

However, when I try to run the sample file from_building_solids.gh, I get a runtime error WindowsError.

I have seen a discussion in this entry showing the same error. I tried to install OpenDSS in the python version located in the ladybug_tools\python folder but I get a FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'requirements.txt'. Then I installed the OpenDSS library in a brand new Python 3.79` installation, but the WindowsError is still there.

The only thing I have different to the compatibility matrix is the Rhino version, I am using Version 6.35.

Is there anybody that has gone through a similar error? Do I need to install Rhino 7 for this tool to work?

Any help would be very appreciated, thank you in advance.

Adal

Hi @adalbertogc ,

It’s possible the URBANopt engine has a problem with the . in your UserName. What happens if you write the geoJSON into a folder that does not have a . in it?

Then I installed the OpenDSS library in a brand new Python 3.79` installation

This is the correct way to use OpenDSS now you’ll see in the component description that you need to pip install a specific version of the urbanopt-ditto-reader onto a system Python (that’s separate from the one that comes with ladybug_tools).

Hi @chris, thank you very much for your response, I really appreciate it.

By following your advice, I installed the specific version of the urban-ditto-reader and it solved the issue. The Urbanopt component runs without problems now.

Thanks again, and I take the opportunity to say that I admire your work with Ladybug, Honeybee, DF and all the other GH plugins.

Adal

1 Like