Just a query regarding openstudio 2.8. Is the latest honeybee component is fully compatible with openstudio 2.8?
I know @MingboPeng and @chris has done some testing and the OpenStudio team has fixed all the bugs that they found before the release. I have not tested it myself so let’s wait for one of them to confirm.
From what I have tested (10 AHSRAE baseline systems), I’d say honeybee works totally fine with 2.8.0.
I second @MingboPeng 's comment. All of the tests that I have run with OpenStudio 2.8 so far have run without issues.
I won’t totally rule out the possibility that there’s a small issue that we have not found yet but I am 98% sure that OpenStudio 2.8.0 will be a version that we know is fully compatible with Honeybee Legacy and that we can direct everyone to use. At last, we’ll be able to move on from OpenStudio 2.5.0!
Can anyone share information about it.
Hello @MingboPeng, sorry to jump on the post, but, is Ironbug working with OpenStudio 2.8 as well?. Or do we have to keep the 2.5 version for it to work?
I just wanted to add that I have found an issue that only seems to affect < 10% of OpenStudio 2.8 installations. So, for 90%+ of people using Honeybee Legacy, OpenStudio 2.8 should work fine for you without any issues. However, I know at least one person who has gotten the following error that has made them completely unable to run OpenStudio 2.8:
Runtime error: (EntryPointNotFoundException): Unable to find an entry point named 'CSharp_OpenStudio_WorkspaceObject_SWIGUpcast' in DLL 'openstudio_csharp.dll'.
This happens when Honeybee goes to get the RunPeriod object from the OpenStudio model as seen in this image:
I am reporting this issue on the OpenStudio github to see if we can find a fix and, if anyone on this forum has experienced this error on OpenStudio 2.8, please post what version of Widows you are using on this discussion here. If we can figure out what the underlying cause is for this error, we have a better chance of getting it fixed in the next version of OpenStudio. And, for those of you who are experiencing this issue in 2.8, I am sorry that the best I can say for now is to go back to using OpenStudio 2.5.
I did have that problem when installing yesterday. I´m not sure what did the trick but (with several tries) I re-installed OpenStudio, Ladybug, Honeybee and the Ironbug 2.8 version. It is working now. I am running windows 10 pro. Please let me know if you need more info.