Ironbug HVACsystem to runOSM Error GetSurfaceData

Hello Community, Hi @MingboPeng,

When running a simulation with Ironbug HVAC systems, I continuously get fatal errors. When unconnected to HVAC system (just via Ladybug tools), the simulation runs without problems.

I have tried adjusting the model, the overriding/or not options for HVAC systems, and pre-defined HVAC Systems. None of them work. I have also tested gh-ironbug models that were posted here (e.g. 3 HVAC Systems in Ironbug in energy simulation, HB model to OSM Error——Solution exception:expected string, got NoneType), (after corrections): they do not appear to work for me either. So I uninstalled, and reinstalled Ladybug tools (1.2 version) and Ironbug (03.2021) with no improvements. The Openstudio, EP versions and locations are displayed in the image.

Besides ‘GetSurfaceData’ errors, I also sometimes get ‘Expected String, got None Type’, or ‘has no attribute orphaned faces’.HVACsystemToOsmRun2.gh (138.5 KB)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Hi @ClL,

Have you tried to turn off the “override” mode on “SaveToFile” component? You can right click it to change the setting.

Yes, I’m sorry @MingboPeng , I had tried that as well, and tried it agian just now. The error persists, with the same error output as previously.

Using a different model, the errors dispplayed are:

1. ** Severe ** GetSurfaceData: There are 12 degenerate surfaces; Degenerate surfaces are those with number of sides < 3.
  2. ** Severe ** SizeAirLoopBranches: AirLoopHVAC AIR LOOP HVAC 1 has air flow less than 1.0000E-003 m3/s.
  3. Solution exception: ** Fatal ** Previous condition causes termination.

The errors emerge only when connecting HVACsystem via SavetoFile to RunOSM. Connecting ModelToOsm to RunOSM works fine. The model for these errors is 3 HVAC Systems in Ironbug in energy simulation after corrections.

Hi,CIL.
I met the same problem recently using LBT1.6.0 as following:

1. ** Severe ** SizeAirLoopBranches: AirLoopHVAC AIR LOOP HVAC 1 has air flow less than 1.0000E-003 m3/s.
  2. Solution exception: ** Fatal ** Previous condition causes termination.
    Did you solve it? I would appreciate it if you can give me some advice. Thank you very much.